For the most recent Inky Fingers team meeting, Katie and I created these cute and easy gift toppers using the Bow Builder Punch from the Occasions catalogue.
To make them a little more exciting, the bows were attached to various chocolate bars with a bellyband (strip of paper wrapped around the chocolate) in a coordinating colour and pattern. Unfortunately we did not get a photo of the bows atop the chocolates but were able to snap a few pics of the different coloured bows.
All of the Designer Series Paper comes from the 2013-2015 In-Colour patterns paper stack which retires June 2nd to make way for the new In-Colours – exciting!
The bows are really simple to make, check out the instructions and diagram below to find out how easy it is to create them.
- Punch 4 ‘loops’ from the pattern paper and assemble. Match ‘a’ up to ‘a’ to create the loops. Be sure to use a bone folder on the loops before assembling them – curling the paper with a bone folder will break up the fibres of the paper and allow the loops to curve nicely, reducing the likelihood of harsh lines or creases.
- Create single bow shape by adhering 2 loops together (overlap the ‘a’s). I have used liquid glue to assemble the bow, however, Glue Dots, Fast Fuse or Sticky Strip would work well also.
- Punch 1 band from an alternate pattern paper (if desired) and wrap around the point where the two loops cross over (‘a’).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Stack the first bow on top of the second, adhering them together in a cross (+) shape.
- Punch 4 tails in an alternate pattern paper to the loops (if desired) and adhere point ‘c’ under point ‘a’, ensuring the tails are positioned between the loops.
- Complete the gift topper with a basic pearl in the centre of the bow/band.
Watch the video below by Stampin’ Up! to learn more about the Bow Builder punch and how to assemble a bow (starting at 1:13).
Thanks for stopping by,
Rachel and Katie xx
click on the picture to be taken directly to our online store and shop anytime. Whilst there, be sure to grab a bargain with the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack. Have fun shopping!
- Bow Builder Punch
- 2013-2015 In-Colour Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack
- Basic Pearls
- Tiny Treat Boxes
- Bone Folder
- Crystal Effects (as a strong liquid adhesive to glue to bows together)