Need a quick and easy way to pretty-fy a plain ol’ bag of Easter eggs? Look no further…
Today’s project is a cute Easter bunny tag which was inspired by the peek-a-boo bunny style card that I’ve seen “hopping” all over Pinterest lately (for example, Karen’s bunny card here and Norma’s coaster here – thanks for the inspiration Karen and Norma!). This tag is super simple to make and attach to a bag of treats – it’s like the Easter bunny has visited and left his business card. Cute! Read more for photos, details and instructions.
The unique shaped tag was cut using the bread tag from the Chalk Talk framelits collection; the beauty of the bread style tag is that is is so easy to take on and off treat bags without getting ruined, making it a super simple way to dress up a bag of Easter treats. Another benefit is that it’s easy to reuse the tag for other/future occasions.
Mum and I made nine of these tags (along with a bag of Easter eggs) to take to our monthly demonstrator meeting to swap with fellow Inky Fingers team members. Fortunately, everyone loved the tags, yippee! 🙂
- Cut out the bread style tag from the Chalk Talk framelits collection from Pool Party cardstock using the Big Shot and Magnetic Platform.
- Punch a 1-3/4″ circle and two ovals from Whisper White cardstock.
- Punch two ovals from Pink Pirouette cardstock.
- Working one at a time, use the sticky part of a Post-It note to hold your punched oval while sliding it back into the oval punch. Continue sliding the oval into the punch until there is a gap between the edge of the oval and the punch, creating a narrow oval (see picture for reference). Punch. Repeat step with second pink oval.
- Using paper snips, round the pointed edges of the narrow ovals (you only need to worry about rounding one of the pointed edges for each ear as the other point will be covered by the face. See picture below for reference).
- Sponge edges with Pink Pirouette ink using a sponge dauber.
- While you have the ink and dauber out, also sponge the heart-shaped nose and two pink cheeks on the circle/face. To create the cheeks simply rub the sponge dauber in soft, small circular motions until you get the shape and colour you desire. For the nose I have used a heart from a retired Stampin’ Up! punch, however the small heart punch or the heart from the Owl builder punch would work just fine also. Alternatively, you could create your own heart using a scallop circle punch and paper snips (scissors).
- To finish off the bunny ears, run the narrow pink ovals through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folding in the Big Shot then adhere to the white ovals and stick these to the tag towards the top at and angle (don’t worry if part of the ears go off the edge of the tag, this will be cut off later and adds to the overall look).
- Adhere heart nose to bunny face with half a dimensional.
- Draw whiskers using the thin end of the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Cut out two Basic Black eyes using the tiny, narrow oval from the Chalk Talk Framelits collection. To create the white “twinkle” in the bunny’s eyes, use the teeny tiny circles from the owl builder punch and adhere using a 2-way glue pen. Alternatively you could draw the white circles on with the chalk marker or white gel pen. Adhere eyes to bunny face.
- Adhere bunny face to tag with dimensionals. Ensure to stick the face on at an angle and partially cover the bottom of the ears. Also make sure the bottom of the circle extends over the edge of the tag.
- Flip tag over and cut off excess white cardstock so the edges are straight and flush.
- Fill clear bag with Easter eggs (I have used about 15-16 mini eggs) and tie the bag up with white ribbon. Attach bunny tag under ribbon.
That’s it! I hope you liked these “egg”-cellent tags and have a go at making some yourself. If you do I’d love to see your creations, be sure to reference this blog post.
Happy Easter! Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing Easter break filled with fun, family and friends…oh and chocolate too!
Rachel and Katie xx
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party
- Ink: Pink Pirouette
- Big Shot: Big Shot, Standard Cutting Plates, Magnetic Platform, Multi-purpose Cutting Platform, Chalk Talk Framelits Collection, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF
- Punches: 1-3/4″ Circle, Oval, Owl Builder, Small Heart
- Accessories/Other: Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips
- Adhesive: Snail (or Tombo), 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals
- Non-Stampin’ Up!: Post-It Note