How awesome is this card! I love interactive cards – they just add that extra wow-factor and an element of fun. This card is particularly awesome (if I do say so myself) as it transforms the Polaroid shape from the On Film collection framelits into a cool shaker frame, filled with ‘funfetti’ (fun confetti), bringing a contemporary twist to retro.
To create the shaker frame, simply cut a piece of Window Sheet slightly larger than the inside of the Polaroid and adhere this to the Polaroid shape with sticky strip. Then, using the borders of the dimensional sheets, create height so that the funfetti has room to shake around. Adhere a piece of Retro Fresh DSP to the back of the Polaroid shape to contain the funfetti; I have coordinated this particular pattern of Retro Fresh DSP to other elements in my card – the arrows in the pattern paper coordinate with the arrows from the Make Note rotary stamp (stamped in Tangerine Tango under the Happy Birthday stamp) and the coloured dots in the patterned paper coordinate with the confetti circles in So Saffron, Tangerine Tango and Coastal Cabana. For the funfetti, I have used a regular hole punch to create the circles and the mini star punch from the Merry Mini Punch Pack which is still available in the 2014 Holiday Carryover PDF.
Handy hints and tips to keep in mind when creating this card (or similar cards):
- Make sure to peel the dimensional backing off after filling the Polaroid shape with the funfetti. This will ensure that the funfetti does not get stuck to the dimensionals as you are trying to put the confetti in the shaker frame.
- For perfect alinement every time, use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig when stamping the arrows and Happy Birthday sentiment.
- Use a Tangerine Tango marker to colour the arrows from the Take Note Rotary stamp. This will allow you to colour only two of the three arrows (as opposed to using a regular ink pad which would make it difficult to selectively colour the areas you want to stamp).
- To get an even and good-looking pennant/banner shape , use the Banner Punch (available for free through Sale A Bration until March 31st).
- Keep it simple by mostly using products and colours from the same suite – all the hard work of matching colours and designs is done for you! For my card I have mainly used colours and products from the Retro Fresh suite but incorporated gold foil and gold twine for added flair and lustre.
Thank you so much for checking out this card, I hope you like it! Please contact me if you would like any of the products used in this card or have any questions. Don’t forget, there is only a few days left of Sale A Bration, place your orders now so you don’t miss out!
Rachel and Katie xx