Hello! I am back to show you another Christmas themed project…a paper tole Santa created using the Santa’s List stamp set by Stampin’ Up! Isn’t it gorgeous!
This project was created by my daughter, Katie. It is quite simple to make but takes a little bit of time because of the cutting of various layers…but it is definitely worth it! To create the paper-tole effect, simply stamp the Santa image in different colours on Whisper White cardstock and cut out the parts of the image that correspond with that colour. Katie has used Cherry Cobbler ink for the hat and coat, Basic Black for the list, Crumb Cake for the face and hands, Smoky Slate for the beard/mustache and eyebrows and Illuminate Glimmer ink for the ‘fur’ parts of the hat, cuffs and coat. To cut out the sections of the Santa image I would highly recommend Stampin’ Up!’s paper snips as they are really easy to use and maneuver.
This close-up image shows the dimension and little details Katie has added: Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the ‘fur’ of the cuffs, hat and coat as well as Crystal Effects for Santa’s glasses. Additionally (although it is difficult to see in the picture) the ‘fur’ areas have been distressed around the edges.
I hope you give this project a try, it is fun to make and so beautiful and festive.
Thanks for looking at my blog. Be sure to check back again tomorrow for another project.
- Santa’s List Stamp Set (Clear) #131811 (Wood) #131808
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock #131681
- Whisper White Cardstock #106549
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink Pad #126966
- Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pad #126975
- Basic Black Classic Ink Pad #126980
- Smoky Slate Classic Ink Pad #131179
- Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin’ Pad #126857
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter #102023
- Crystal Effects #101055
- Paper Snips #103579